Drilling out the 125 Lifan

So this was interesting. That Lifan has been sitting in my basement for months now and I finally decided I had to at least mount it in the frame of the ’84 CT110. The problem is the holes in the engine where it mounts are too narrow, so I made a trip to the hardware store and picked up what I thought would be the right ones. Got home only to find that they too were too big! So, back to the internet to search for the right ones. There I stumbled upon a posting where someone drilled out the aluminum holes to make them fit, why not? So I did that (vid below) with the help of my wife hung the engine on with the top bolt. Pretty cool to see it in place and I of course am already thinking of the extra couple horse power that 125 will have, when I look for the lower hole. Crap! It doesn’t line up! Not even close it will take a bracket to make it work! So I think I’m back to making the 125m Honda motor from the ATC work. What a bummer, that Lifan looks so good in there.

Thanks to Jeff for pointing me to theses

20140209-225040.jpg
While they were out of stock at dratvhonda.com they were available at tboltusa.com (another place that has lots of good CT type parts) $25 though.

I guess I better order them.

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Drilling out the 125 Lifan

    1. Yes, that would be perfect, if they were in stock :). I’m trying to find a set now as I really want to try out the Lifan, if you have any other sources for a part like that please let me know.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s