I keep thinking I need to write this all down before I get riding this bike and forget all that has gone into it.
Since I picked this up last fall (2014) a lot has gone into this monster bike.
The goal when we did this was to keep to a strict budget. I haven’t done the final accurate talley yet.
Here’s what’s been done I think:
- Randakk Carb Rebuild by Pistol Pete (and Moose!)
- New Shinko tires & tubes front & rear (Randakk recommendation)
- Even new covers inside for spokes
- New fuel filter and fuel lines
- Awesome Corbin seat!
- Non Corbin backrest (looks ugly works great)
- New steering head bearings top and bottom (real pain)
- New windshield
- The balance bead thingies
- New Gates Timing Belts (Randakk recommendation)
- New Uni air filter (and full deep cleaning of the airbox)
- New Flasher unit $15
- New 7volt converter for gauges
- Off bike cleaning of Vetter Fairing
- Dual USB port installed in fairing
- Full Oil change (Castro for bikes)
- Iridium Spark Plugs
- KN oil filter
- Replaced fuel gauge light bulb
- New rear brake pads
- Rear brakes bled and new brake fluid
- Flush coolant new hoses (a pain!) the entire radiator was off and cleaned!
- Marvel Mystery Oil in gas
- New greese in rear hub
- New fluid in front shocks (ATF)
- Added lower fairings
- Nice handlebar risers (Rox)
- Samsonite luggage and mounts
- Heavy (and ugly) fiberglass repair of one of the Samsonite bags
- New bolt to lock Samsonite bags
- Blacked out front blinkers, some paint & stickers on bike/luggage
- Move rear blinkers
- — new rear diff fluid
- — adjust valves
- — new valve cover gaskets
- Trickle charger added for battery
In the end I don’t think I made t money goal. I was probably off by $5-600 (much much more if you count labor), but dang was it a good learning experience:), and the bike seems to be running great!
I can’t wait to take it on a serious journey.